Want to burn fat & earn pride or has an early target of losing weight or just need an add-up with your exercise to increase the rate of fat loss….then you are going to get sure short solution of your problem.
Intensity and duration of any exercise depends on how optimized the body is at losing fat as a fuel. And if any supplement can boost fat oxidation for keeping you exercising longer. Isn’t it would be really fantastic. Well in fact, there is…its L-carnitine. It’s a semi-essential amino acid, which is responsible for transporting the fat cells to the mitochondria so they can be used as energy source. This means fat accumulated in the body begins to oxidize.
Benefits of L-Carnitine
- Weight loss: L-carnitine helps in losing weight by utilizing the fat stored in the body by converting it in energy. It is also proven for increase blood and musclescontraction therefore increasing fast metabolism. L-carnitine also promotes carbohydrates metabolism especially in aerobic activity which influence speed of fat burning.
- Excellent for muscle recovery: L-carnitine gives quick muscle recovery after hard training session by reducing the muscle damage and increases the efficiency.
- Exercise and performance: L-carnitine improves the maximum capacity of VO2 by allowing the more usage of oxygen for producing more energy, hence improving performance.
- Reduce catabolism: It helps to reduce muscle catabolism causes due to lack of physical exercise or extremely low in calories diet, such as anabolic diet.
- Brain function: Acetyl L-carnitine helps to protect from cell damage. It also benefits brain function and shows positive impact in learning capacity.
When to take L-carnitine ?
After knowing the benefits it’s important to know what is the right time for its intake is and who should consume it. From the study it has been stated that L-carnitine-carbohydrates combination can increase the work output by 11%. It starts working 30-45 minutes after consumption.
The various forms of L-carnitine are available and its consumption is must for vegetarians, who can’t get it from their natural diet source. Meat, pork, chicken are its rich source though it can be found in some plant products such as avocado and soybeans, but its composition is less in them. Even elderly people are suggested to take it who has difficulty in producing it naturally in sufficient amount. Athletes who practice endurance sports like running, cycling also use it for improving capacity.
The usual dose of L-carnitine is 500–2,000 mg /day. Different form of L-carnitine also helps in different specific functions. The most popular type is Acetyl- L-carnitine which is associated with brain health and function, L-carnitine L-tartrate is effective for exercise performance improvement , Propionyl-L-Carnitine best for improving blood flow in high blood pressure patients .
The consumption amount of this forms are stated below:
- Acetyl-L-Carnitine : 600–2,500 mg/ day.
- L-Carnitine L-Tartrate : 1,000–4,000 mg/ day.
- Propionyl-L-Carnitine : 400–1,000 mg/ day.